If you don’t know how to get sweat out of headphones, this article is for you. Getting dirty & smelly headphones is a very common issue nowadays as we use them excessively.
Don’t worry; I won’t suggest you buy a new headphone set just to get rid of the bad smell. Continue reading this article & you’ll know lots of possible ways of getting sweat out of headphones.
What Causes Headphones To Smell Bad?
Headphones attract dust & ear wax that causes them to smell bad. If you’re an athlete or doing exercise on a daily basis wearing headphones, your headphones are likely to smell bad.
It wouldn’t be a problem from the health perspective if it was just the smell. However, the real scenario is completely different. You’re also receiving germs & bacterias with that sweat smell. Follow the next segment of this article to know how to get sweat out of headphones.
How To Get Sweat Smell Out Of Headphones
You can use various methods to get the smell out of headphones. I’ll be discussing four other alternative methods of cleaning out sweaty headphones.
Without further ado, let’s get started with the first cleaning guide.
Things you’ll need:
- Damp Cloth
- A Bowl
- Soup/Antiseptic Liquid
- Cotton Bud
Follow these steps below to clean your headphones & get rid of the sweat smell:
- Step 1: Take the bowl and pour some water into it.
- Step 2: Pour a little soap or antiseptic liquid & mix it well.
- Step 3: Now take your damp cloth & wet it with the mixture you did earlier.
- Step 4: Squeeze the dampen cloth well & clean your headphones with it.
- Step 5: To clean your ear cups & narrow corners, you can use cotton buds to do so. Don’t forget to wet your cotton buds with a water mixture.
Getting Replacement Ear Caps For Better Result
Yes, cleaning will eliminate the bad smell of your headphones but it won’t feel like new by any means. Modern headphones come with replaceable ear cups & they’re easy to replace too.
If you’ve enough budget to buy extra ear cups, I would highly recommend buying them. You can give yourself the feeling of using new headphones without actually buying them. Cool, Right?
That’s how you can get the sweat out of your headphones. Follow the next segment to know more alternatives to this procedure.
Alternative Methods of Getting Sweat Smell Out Of Headphones
Let’s get started with the alternative methods of getting sweat smell out of headphones.
Method 1: Use SunLight in Your Favor
There’s nothing fancy to do here. All you’ve to do is give your headphones a nice shower under the sun for 1 hour straight. Sunlight will sweep away the bad smell of your headphones with ease.
Caution: Don’t Leave It Under Sunlight For More Than 1 Hour
Method 2: Use Vinegar To Clean your Headphones
You’ll need some materials to apply this cleaning method.
Things you’ll need:
- A box
Follow these steps to remove bad smells from your headphones with vinegar:
- Step 1: Clean your ear cups well & let them dry fully.
- Step 2: After approximately 30 minutes, reinstall your ear cups.
- Step 3: Take a glass & pour it with vinegar
- Step 4: Take the box. Now fill it with both water glass & headphones.
- Step 5: Wait for a few hours & see the magic. Your headphones will be smell-free as vinegar can eliminate bad smells.
Method 3: Use Clorox & Soap To Clean Your Headphones
Yes, a new supplement – Clorox.
Things you’ll need:
- Soaps & Antibacterial liquids
If you’ve them with you, follow the next step by step guide:
- Step 1: Uncover your ear cups & clean them well by using soapy water.
- Step 2: Take them off the water & clean them with antibacterial liquids.
- Step 3: Now use the Clorox to wipe your headphones & the bad smell should be gone.
By doing these three steps, you can easily get rid of the bad smells of your headphones.
Method 4: Using Dettol Antiseptic For The Cleaning
All you’ve to do is use Dettol antiseptic to wipe & clean your headphones. You won’t have to wash your headphones with Dettol, just use a bit to wet the damp cloth you’re using.
Using Dettol antiseptic doesn’t just only eliminate smells, it also eliminates bacterias & germs sticking with your headphone. Use it & you’ll be amazed at your home product performance.
How To Get Sweat Smell Out Of Leather Headphones?
Follow this segment to remove the sweat smell from leather headphones.
Things you’ll need:
- A bowl
- Cleaning liquid
- Dampen cloth
- Air blower
Follow the next steps to clean your leather headphones:
- Step 1: Fill your bowl with water & mix some cleaning liquid with it.
- Step 2: Wet the damp cloth & squeeze out the water properly.
- Step 3: Gently clean your leather headphones & let them dry
- Step 4: After 30 minutes, re-install the ear cups & your headphone is ready to rock and roll.
Caution: Things To Remember While Removing Bad Smell
It’s all good while cleaning the headphones until it starts to sound weird. To avoid this happening to you, try avoiding these mistakes mentioned below:
- Don’t use any sharp object to clean your headphones
- Don’t use water on your headphones directly, use dampen cloth’s moisture instead.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Can I Use UV Light Sanitizer For Cleaning My Headphones?
Yes, you can use UV light sanitizer for cleaning your headphones. You’ll get a bunch of companies selling UV light sanitizer for phones, earphones & headphones. You can pick one of them & clean your headphones.
How Frequent Should You Clean Your Headphones?
You should clean your headphones at least once a month. Don’t be extreme with cleaning your headphones. Yes, you can clean them several times a month but don’t overdo the process too often.
I hope this article was helpful enough to satisfy your queries regarding how to get the sweat smell out of headphones. Now you can remove the smell on your own even without rushing to buy a new one.
Feel free to comment below your thoughts & the ways you’re currently cleaning your headphones. To know more about headphones, join our email subscriptions. Cheers.